24 Unexpected Things You Need To Bring To Uni
How the heck do you pack for going to Uni?
Like seriously, what in the name of Beyonce, are you meant to bring with you to survive an entire year in a completely new place?
It’s an impossible task; to put all your life’s belongings in a few suitcases because, as anyone who has ever packed before will know, you ALWAYS forget something.
So as we’re the experts at this sort of thing (we ship luggage for 25,000+ students), we’re going to give you a hand. We’ve put a nifty little list together of important things you need to bring to uni, to ensure that you don’t leave anything behind.
(P.s If you need a more detailed guide, you can check out our Ultimate What To Take To Uni Checklist)
24 Unexpected Things You NEED To Bring To University
1. Fancy dress material. Don’t forget an old school tie because THERE will always be a school disco themed party during Fresher’s week.
2. A bottle opener. Having a bottle opener or corkscrew will make you friends for life.
3. Coat hangers.
4. A clothes horse. Or else your room will look like this.
Or this will happen.
5. Bed sheets. University bed sheets are always crap and smell like dust.
6. Boxes to store things – your room will be small, so you’ll need to manage space.
7. Ear plugs. In case your flat mates decide to have sex loudly at ungodly hours. Or for when your flatmate shouts at you for having loud sex at ungodly hours.
8. Formal clothes for any swanky events.
9. Egg cups – they double up as shot glasses.
Via @MyronJo on Twitter
10. Extra USB cables because yours will vanish into the abyss so often that you’ll be genuinely concerned that there are USB cable fairies that sneak into your room at night and eat them for a laugh.
11. Contraception. Lots of it.
12. Washing powder.
13. Hot water bottle because you will forget what it feels like to have central heating.
14. Drugs. By which we mean, paracetamol, Lemsip and Berocca for Fresher’s flu. Oh, and don’t forget plasters.
15. Proper scissors. You’ll be surprised how hard it is to find good scissors. And by how much you will need them.
16. Photos from home to decorate with.
17. Blue tack. For sticking old pictures to your walls/to cover up the gross 1970s student halls wallpaper and any questionable stains it might have.
18. An iPod dock or speakers. This will make you the most popular person on the planet.
19. Lots of comfortable clothes and pyjamas. Because you will become way too lazy to dress well.
20. A musical instrument or something you can entertain people with. Or if you have no hobbies, bring a boardgame.
21. A mirror.
22. Extension leads.
24. A door stop. To prevent you from getting locked out of your room.
And here’s a list of things you DON’T need.
1. An iron. You’ll never use it.
2. USB pens. You’ll get loads of free ones at Fresher’s events.
3. All your old school work, books and files. You will not look at them once.
4. Your school leaver’s hoodie.
International Student Shipping
Airline Baggage Guide
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm the blog editor for Uni Baggage! I write about university life and all things student related.